Saturday, June 11, 2011

Projects in the Works

Welcome to the first post on the official Matt Pappadopoli art blog! Accept no substitutes! I will be using this blog to keep you updated on the many projects I will be working on in the future. I will try to update as often as I can, and feel free to comment if you have any suggestions of what you would like to see.

For starters, I am currently working on several projects. As a result of this things are moving slowly but I'm hoping to focus on quality over frequency. Anyway, one project that I am prioritizing is a medical drawing of the venous system.
Pencil for venous system





I was approached by one of my dad's colleges, Dr. Tolitano, to illustrate a diagram of a leg for his Laser vein treatment pamphlet. I plan to do this digitally in Adobe Illustrator and render it in photo shop. This is a method I learned from Kristen Mount, one of my teachers at the Academy. Check out her blog Human Anatomy for the Artist, it's incredibly helpful. Here's the link:
http://anatomyproartifex.blogspot.com/2011/05/external-ear-shhh-im-listening-to.html


Another project is a children's book that my aunt wants me to illustrate. The book is titled, "The Yawn!"

Page 6 of "The Yawn!"

My aunt Casey asked me to illustrate this book about three years ago, but I've been so busy with school I haven't been able to give it the attention it deserves. Now that I'm graduated there is no excuse! I wont say much about the story but it is very cute, I have high hopes for it if it ever gets published.


So that's just a little sample of what I am working on. Please tell everyone you can about this blog. The more people following, the more I will feel motivated to update! That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the plug! I really appreciate it. I'd love to see a close-up of that circulatory illus., and more images as it progresses! That's one badass external iliac vein.

    ReplyDelete